AMJ International Twitter reported that Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad has congratulated Pope Francis and the Catholic Church.
Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad has said:
“I would like to offer congratulations to Pope Francis I and to Catholics across the world. May the appointment of the new Pope prove to be blessed not just for Christians but for all people across the globe. May the new Pope lead the Church towards the true teachings of Christianity.
I hope and pray that in the forthcoming era the Pope uses his influence to develop peace and harmony in the world. In terms of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat, we have always been at the forefront of promoting inter-faith harmony and striving for peace.”
The full statement in a Press Release has been posted.
Most sensible people know about the subject matter and agree what a political stunt it was when Bhutto government declared Ahmadis as non-Muslims without even discussing the topic of Khatam-e-Nabuwwat on the basis of which they made the constitutional amendement, but there are still some ignorant souls who try to justify it even though it is completely against the teachings of Quran and Sunnah. A little comment I posted after glancing through this ignorant’s post and comment
Holy Prophet (saw) said that 72 will be separate and hell bound and one will be on his path. You may try as much as you want but you can’t reverse that Hadith now. The munir inquiry report of 1953 is enough to show the true face of non-Ahmadi scholars and their definition of Muslim. Come up with one definition for God sake!
And congratulations to Pakistani Muslims on their new Kalma and creating your own new creed! What should we call it now? Pakistani Islam version 1974? Obviously it can’t be called the Islam of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) after all the changes it has gone through.
And as for the hadith you quoted on agreement, it does not apply since Ahmadis are not part of that decision. Nice try but total failure.
This is in response to the article in a Pakistani newspaper The News about Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
The author of this article forgot to mention some very important points.
- In the 13 days of discussion in the special committee of National Assembly of Pakistan in 1974 the topic of Khatam-e-Nabuwwat (Finality of Prophethood) was never brought up. I have read the entire question/answers from the official proceedings published recently by the National Assembly. This proceeding is supposed to be available in the Library of National Assembly as well. Everyone should try to get hold of the copy and read it to find that “Khatam-e-Nabuwwat“was never discussed and in fact Attorney General Yahya Bakhtiar presented the “popular” Muslim belief that Jesus son of Mary in his second coming will be a prophet and agreed with Ahmadiyya view.
- Mirza Nasir Ahmad, the 3rd Khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at never agreed that the National Assembly of Pakistan can be a judge that can decide who is a Muslim or not. This is evident from the Mahzarnama (The Memorandum) that was submitted to National Assembly’s special committee. It clearly states this in the opening pages of that important document and Attorney General Yahya Bakhtiar argued over this for first several days! Mirza Nasir Ahmad was obeying the law as he was called by the government to be present in person and answer the questions on behalf of the community.
- The belief in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at is exactly same as other sects. That is why it was never discussed. So presenting this point as if Ahmadis do not believe in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat and were declared non-Muslim on this basis is a conscious lie by the author. The laws 298B/C of 1984 XX ordnance by dictator Zia-ul-Haq were a coward act to suppress the viewpoint of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. If we did not have belief in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat it would have been very easy to allow our literature be published and every Pakistani could decide for himself/herself by looking at it or listening to our views. But since this is not true, the Mullahs had to use force of law to suppress the truth.
- The question of whether Ahmadis consider other Muslims outside Islam was also discussed thoroughly in that special committee. If you read it you will find the answer that all sects have the same belief and declare others outside Islam except Ahmadis who consider everyone as Muslim as far as the Ummah of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) is concerned. Other sects have very severe fatwas of Kuffar so much so that the words cannot be repeated in a civilized discussion. The fact of the matter is that the 1953 Munir Inquiry Report had already concluded that no two religious scholars agreed on the definition of a Muslim. And this fact still remains as true as was in 1953. There was never a need for 1974 meeting in lieu of 1953 inquiry. It was a staged drama. The Rabwah incident never happened the way it was presented in media propaganda. It was all pre-planned and was followed through meticulously. Samdani tribunal report, which was constituted to look into the Rabwah incident, was never published.
- The question of offering funeral prayer of Qaid-e-Azam was also discussed in National Assembly and if you read the response you will have to declare rest of the Pakistanis as non-Muslim as well including some prominent Muslim political leaders of that time (and their entire sects/parties as well) who did not read the funeral prayer. On all seriousness it was the Imam, Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, who was leading the funeral prayer who had on record called Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan as Kaffir (infidel). How could he stand behind him in the prayer? Only someone who has no faith and only wants the world to praise him would have read the prayer behind someone who calls you kaffir. Funeral prayer in Islamic jurisprudence is “fard-e-kafaya” meaning it is not obligatory on all to pray. Ahmadi Muslims pray the funeral prayer of any Muslim who does not have any other Muslim to pray. One such incident from Denmark was presented to the special committee as well.
- 7th September is indeed a remarkable day in the history of Pakistan as the author has pointed out but it is remarkable for proving the truthfulness of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) who prophesied that “my people will be divided into 73 sections, all of them will be in the fire except one”. The prophecy is about 72 vs one community. The leading Urdu newspaper reported that “Excluding Qadianis all the 72 sects are considered to be Muslims”. This fateful day the 72 sects gathered and declared they are The 72 and Ahmadis are the One.
There are some other points in the article which are written with prejudice and ignorance and I’ll briefly touch on them in the end, e.g. “Qadianis working against Pakistan” but the fact of the matter is that Ahmadis world-over are praying and fasting regularly for the safety of Pakistan.
The author also claims that this is “unanimous” decision of Ummah that anyone who claims to be a prophet is not Muslim but the fact is that Holy Prophet (saw) himself prophesied a prophet in the Ummah in the latter days. The fatwa of the Muslim scholars today has no status against the teachings of Holy Quran and Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). Great Islamic scholars of the past also agree.
Author also fails to recognize that in religious matters there is no copyright. Allah belongs to all and so does all other good things including prophets. If Christians around the world decided one day to ban Muslims and Holy Quran because it calls Jesus their prophet, will he accept this verdict?
Moreover, a political government, or majority population has no right to decide a religious matter, otherwise every prophet will have to be declared a false one at the very start on that principle. This self-concocted criteria is against the clear teachings of Quran and religious history.
Lastly if you have any love for truth, publish the proceedings of 1974 in public domain along with the case in Federal Shariat court. We are all ready to sacrifice the last drop of our blood to up hold the truth. Insha’Allah
This is from the official record of 1974 discussion that was held to discuss the “Qadiani” issue. On page 256 on the second day of discussion, before going on a recess when the Ahmadiyya delegation left the room, this point was raised by Abdul Hameed Jatoi: (English translation follows)
Abdul Hameed Jatoi: Sir Chairman, we have come to know since yesterday that we are sitting here in the house as judge and we will decide. I understand that our position is like that if a non-advocate is appointed as the judge of the High Court and he gives out fatwa as a judge. My submission is this that if we were expert of Islam, or we had studied Islam, or we were professors of Islam, then you can expect us to give out fatwa. But in this situation as a lay-man it is very difficult for us to become judge.
Chairman: You are not supposed to give fatwa, you have to decide.
Abdul Hameed Jatoi: Have to decide?
Chairman: Have to decide.
Abdul Hameed Jatoi: How can you give a right to decide to someone who does not even know the law that he is going to decide on?
I rest my case!
Mullahs = Ignorant scholars among the Muslims who are responsible for all the bad things you see in the holy name of Islam.
In Pakistan the discrimination in education sector is widespread against Ahmadi Muslims. Recently 10 kids were expelled in Hafizabad. Including among those kids was one who was studying in prep class. He didn’t even start his first grade! Mastar Rana Dilawar Hussain was murdered in cold blood at his school because he was an Ahmadi. Many students & teacher are facing cases. A lecturer in Kotli had “Qadiyani Kafir” written at his rostrum. His son was beaten by some students belonging to student organisations. There are educational institutions de nationalised across Pakistan but Ahmadiyya institutions are not handed back years after Ahmadiyya Jama’at paid a hefty amount and fulfilled all the requirements. Here’s another sinister way to indoctrinate young kids with hate in Pakistani schools by handing them notebook label stickers by the so-called protectors of Islam:
Above is a sticker that children use on their books as “label” with the name and class. This is being distributed in schools of Pakistan by Majlis Tahaffuz-e-Khatam-e-Nabuwwat (a terrorist organization created in the holy name of Prophet Muhammad(saw) but has actual roots in Majlis-e-Ahrar*). It says on the sticker that if your teacher is “Qadiani” i.e. Ahmadi Muslim, then refuse to get educated from him.
Urdu Version (click to view)
*Majlis-e-Ahrar is the same organization that opposed Muslim League during Pakistan movement and was against the creation of Pakistan.
Which Prophet do Jamaat-ud-Dawa, Jamat-e-Islami, Sipah-e-Sahaba and Ahl-e-Sunnat Jammat follow? Which Quran do they follow? The Holy Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) was mercy for all. When a delegate of Christians came from Najaran, Holy Prophet allowed them to pray inside his mosque.
Holy Quran orders Muslims to protect the Churches and Synagogues. It establishes freedom of religion for all. Which religion do these people represent? It cannot be the one that was brought by Holy Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w). It is not Islam.
Thank God I live in Canada where justice was served today for cold-blooded shameless murders of four women i.e. Shafia trial. Long story short, this was one of those “honour killings” which are a result of ignorance & remnants of patriarchal cultures. Once the verdict was given I tuned the hashtag #shafia on twitter to see the reaction of the public. Of course everyone was happy but there was ignorant souls among them including hate mongers who were spreading hate about Islam that this is an Islamic teaching blah blah.
Those who have followed the Shafia trial know well that this is not the case and there is no such teaching in Islam. Muhammad Shafia tried to “justify” it by saying “nothing is more dear to me than my honour”. No matter how hard he tried to justify it, there is absolutely no justification in the beautiful religion of Islam.
As an Ahmadi Muslim who believes in the Messiah, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, I condemn any and all honour killings. There is absolutely no justification for such acts of violence. In fact Holy Quran clearly says that anyone who killed an innocent it is like killing the whole humanity.
Long Live Humanity! Long Live Canada!
On the news item that “Kyrgyz Officials Reject Muslim Sect” an anti-Ahmadiyya propagandist posted the usual diatribe against Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. Someone asked me to respond to it so I posted the following response:
Joshua Goldstein does not know anything about Islam and is trying to become a judge without any authority to decide who is a Muslim or not. Wow!
1) Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is a Muslim sect who believes in the Messiah, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian. All other Muslims also believe that a Messiah will come in Islam. The only difference is that other Muslims are waiting forever while Ahmadi Muslims accepted the Messiah who came with Mighty Signs fulfilling prophecies of Holy Prophet Muhammad(saw)
2) Calling an open community like Ahmadiyya Muslim Community as cult in itself shows how shallow is Joshua Goldstein (a fake identity) trying to prove nothing! Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is an open community with its mosques open for all people to come and pray. There is nothing cultish about Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, however those who leave the community follow a cult called Anti-Ahmadiyya and follow secret rituals including lying and deceit for the purpose of suppressing truth. Looks like Joshua Goldstein is a member of that cult.
3) The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has published Holy Quran translation into English and 70 other languages and its translation has been praised to be best by Saudi authorities as well. There is no doubt that different sects will disagree on the translation. However if Ahmadiyya translation defends the Holy Quran and non-Ahmadi translations offend it, then it is pretty clear whose translation should be adopted.
4) Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is at the forefront of defending Islam and Muslims in every part of the world. They do not sit behind computer screens to malign others like Joshua Goldstein is doing here. They go out in public to spread the true message of peace of Islam. I’m myself involved in it so I know first hand. Muslims For Life, Muslims for Peace and Muslims for Loyalty are some of the latest campaigns run by thousands of volunteers of Ahmadiyya Muslims. Nowhere in any campaign any Muslim has been maligned. However if Joshua Goldstein likes to praise terrorists and supports terrorists ideologies and call them Islamic then shame on such people who malign Islam and Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
Peace to all who follow the guidance.
There is no shortage of murtadeen (reverts) in Islam. Those who leave Ahmadiyya Muslim Community are only going back to the darkness. Ahmadiyyat teaches us to be true Muslim by following the teachings of Holy Quran and Holy Prophet Muhammad(saw) in our lives. What do Mullahs teach? Show me the light and I’ll follow. The light of this age is Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani(as) The Promised Messiah and Mahdi. The one who cuts his ties with him will fall into darkness.
Someone asked on this blog that old Jesus(as) can still come back, to which I replied that why do you reject the verses of the Holy Quran that prove he died like all other prophets and he cannot be alive in the skies and I gave this link that prove conclusively from the Holy Quran that Jesus(as) cannot be alive since 2000 years. I also gave this link that lists the past scholars of Islam that agree on the natural death of Jesus(as). Instead of reading it and discussing the fine points, the gentleman replied: “first of all i dunt consider u guys to be muslims….since u dunt believe in khatm e nabuwwat….”
You can see who loves Holy Quran
Here is my reply:
- We are not asking for your opinion if you consider someone Muslim or not. God will not judge anyone by what you think. However He will judge you according to His teachings that we find in Holy Quran and Hadith.
- Ahmadi Muslims believe in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat exactly like Holy Prophet(saw) was Khatam-un-Nabiyeen. And not how you think he should be. Again you are not the authority on the subject, the authority is Holy Quran and Hadith.
So get this misconception out of the way that Ahmadis do not believe in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat. It is the other way around. You are the ones who do not believe Holy Prophet(saw) to be Khatam-un-Nabiyeen. Instead you believe Jesus(as) to be last prophet on earth.
Now if you have a few minutes please spend them in reading Holy Quran and the verses I quoted that prove that old prophet Jesus who was a prophet for Bani Israel only, and died like all other past prophets. Stop throwing statements like “you are kaffir”. They will not help you anyway, except to keep your ego high. May Allah shower His Mercy on you and grant you courage to accept the verdict of the Holy Quran and Holy Prophet(saw).