The author of this article forgot to mention some very important points.
- In the 13 days of discussion in the special committee of National Assembly of Pakistan in 1974 the topic of Khatam-e-Nabuwwat (Finality of Prophethood) was never brought up. I have read the entire question/answers from the official proceedings published recently by the National Assembly. This proceeding is supposed to be available in the Library of National Assembly as well. Everyone should try to get hold of the copy and read it to find that “Khatam-e-Nabuwwat“was never discussed and in fact Attorney General Yahya Bakhtiar presented the “popular” Muslim belief that Jesus son of Mary in his second coming will be a prophet and agreed with Ahmadiyya view.
- Mirza Nasir Ahmad, the 3rd Khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at never agreed that the National Assembly of Pakistan can be a judge that can decide who is a Muslim or not. This is evident from the Mahzarnama (The Memorandum) that was submitted to National Assembly’s special committee. It clearly states this in the opening pages of that important document and Attorney General Yahya Bakhtiar argued over this for first several days! Mirza Nasir Ahmad was obeying the law as he was called by the government to be present in person and answer the questions on behalf of the community.
- The belief in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at is exactly same as other sects. That is why it was never discussed. So presenting this point as if Ahmadis do not believe in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat and were declared non-Muslim on this basis is a conscious lie by the author. The laws 298B/C of 1984 XX ordnance by dictator Zia-ul-Haq were a coward act to suppress the viewpoint of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. If we did not have belief in Khatam-e-Nabuwwat it would have been very easy to allow our literature be published and every Pakistani could decide for himself/herself by looking at it or listening to our views. But since this is not true, the Mullahs had to use force of law to suppress the truth.
- The question of whether Ahmadis consider other Muslims outside Islam was also discussed thoroughly in that special committee. If you read it you will find the answer that all sects have the same belief and declare others outside Islam except Ahmadis who consider everyone as Muslim as far as the Ummah of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) is concerned. Other sects have very severe fatwas of Kuffar so much so that the words cannot be repeated in a civilized discussion. The fact of the matter is that the 1953 Munir Inquiry Report had already concluded that no two religious scholars agreed on the definition of a Muslim. And this fact still remains as true as was in 1953. There was never a need for 1974 meeting in lieu of 1953 inquiry. It was a staged drama. The Rabwah incident never happened the way it was presented in media propaganda. It was all pre-planned and was followed through meticulously. Samdani tribunal report, which was constituted to look into the Rabwah incident, was never published.
- The question of offering funeral prayer of Qaid-e-Azam was also discussed in National Assembly and if you read the response you will have to declare rest of the Pakistanis as non-Muslim as well including some prominent Muslim political leaders of that time (and their entire sects/parties as well) who did not read the funeral prayer. On all seriousness it was the Imam, Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, who was leading the funeral prayer who had on record called Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan as Kaffir (infidel). How could he stand behind him in the prayer? Only someone who has no faith and only wants the world to praise him would have read the prayer behind someone who calls you kaffir. Funeral prayer in Islamic jurisprudence is “fard-e-kafaya” meaning it is not obligatory on all to pray. Ahmadi Muslims pray the funeral prayer of any Muslim who does not have any other Muslim to pray. One such incident from Denmark was presented to the special committee as well.
- 7th September is indeed a remarkable day in the history of Pakistan as the author has pointed out but it is remarkable for proving the truthfulness of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) who prophesied that “my people will be divided into 73 sections, all of them will be in the fire except one”. The prophecy is about 72 vs one community. The leading Urdu newspaper reported that “Excluding Qadianis all the 72 sects are considered to be Muslims”. This fateful day the 72 sects gathered and declared they are The 72 and Ahmadis are the One.
There are some other points in the article which are written with prejudice and ignorance and I’ll briefly touch on them in the end, e.g. “Qadianis working against Pakistan” but the fact of the matter is that Ahmadis world-over are praying and fasting regularly for the safety of Pakistan.
The author also claims that this is “unanimous” decision of Ummah that anyone who claims to be a prophet is not Muslim but the fact is that Holy Prophet (saw) himself prophesied a prophet in the Ummah in the latter days. The fatwa of the Muslim scholars today has no status against the teachings of Holy Quran and Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). Great Islamic scholars of the past also agree.
Author also fails to recognize that in religious matters there is no copyright. Allah belongs to all and so does all other good things including prophets. If Christians around the world decided one day to ban Muslims and Holy Quran because it calls Jesus their prophet, will he accept this verdict?
Moreover, a political government, or majority population has no right to decide a religious matter, otherwise every prophet will have to be declared a false one at the very start on that principle. This self-concocted criteria is against the clear teachings of Quran and religious history.
Lastly if you have any love for truth, publish the proceedings of 1974 in public domain along with the case in Federal Shariat court. We are all ready to sacrifice the last drop of our blood to up hold the truth. Insha’Allah